Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday - It's Christmas!!

I love Christmas.  I love everything about Christmas.  I love the music, the movies, the decorations and gift giving.  I love seeking out that one gift that will be a surprise.  I love watching my loved ones open those gifts and feel loved.  I love cooking for everyone and spending time just being together.



I love the story of Jesus' birth.  It is not your typical birth story which seems so very right to me.  I love that there were common shepherds that got to be the first to see this baby Jesus - the promised Messiah.  I love that Jesus was born in a lowly place among His creation.  I love that Mary pondered these things in her heart.  I do a lot of pondering myself, so I can relate.  I love that the Magi were seeking after this promised Messiah and were willing to dedicate a good portion of their lives to finding Him.  I love that they brought gifts.  I love giving gifts too.  I love that as a boy, Jesus had to move a couple of times.  I love that He followed in both of His father's footsteps.  I love celebrating the human entrance of my God.  I love that God came near.  I love that He walked among us.  Emmanuel.  He knows, He understands, He cares and He supplies everything that we need to walk in this same world among very similar people.  



Christmas is about gifts - getting them, giving them and celebrating the ultimate Gift -- Jesus Himself.  I like that the first Christmas gift was a wrinkled, crying baby who came to save mankind.  Who but God could arrange something like that!


Merry Christmas to all of you -- may the ultimate gift of our Savior Jesus fill you with JOY unspeakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment