Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Musings - SNOW

I love snow!  We got our first snow of the year on Saturday.  It came down most of the night and then a good part of the day.  We ended up with 4 - 6 inches.  Why do I love snow?

*It transforms everything! Even a pile of junk looks beautiful covered in snow.  Bushes, trees, grass, rocks, buildings - all enhanced by white, fluffy snow.



*It makes you feel child-like.  Snow really brings out the kid in me.  It makes you want to run and jump.  It inspires awe and wonder. 




*It beats the heck out of cold and rainy :-) and Quincy loves to play in the snow.




*Snow screams Christmas!





 *Snow highlights God's wonders.



  

*Snow reminds me of God's amazing work in my life.  

"Come now, and let us reason together,"Says the LORD," Though your sins are as scarlet,They will be as white as snow;Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.  Isaiah 1:18


I grew up in Houston TX so I didn't see snow until I was a senior in High School.  I just couldn't believe how beautiful it was!  It gave me a whole new appreciation for the wording in that Isaiah passage - whiter than snow.  Snow is WHITE!  Even white things don't look white in the snow.  God is doing a powerful work when He takes our sin stained lives and makes them as white as snow.  

So - next time you are annoyed by snow (you know who you are) just remember that it is a continual message from the Lord that His mercies are new every morning.  He is ready to forgive and to cleanse us as white as snow as soon as we bring our sin to Him.  Just as each snow flake is unique - so are each one of you and God has a plan to use your life in a unique way.  
So . . . let it snow!


 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! quincy looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow pictures!!! I miss snow and winter time and 4 seasons!!!

    ReplyDelete