Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday ~ Word

I sat down this morning as I thought about preparing for the day.  The photographer is coming today to take pictures of the house to put it on the market.  Our beloved Chicago home will be out there for all to see at the beginning of next week.  It is part of the process that I know so well.

I am very confidant in the Lord's plans for us.  I am excited to see what the next chapter holds as we journey to New York City.  I trust Him with every bit of my future.

That being said, my heart craves reassurance from Him that we are in this together.  It craves encouragement in the midst of the chaos.

This morning, I read Psalm 94 and this particular verse jumped out at me as a gift straight from the Lord.

But the Lord has been my stronghold and my God the Rock of my Refuge.

YAY!  What a great reminder of the foundation of my life and the goodness of the Lord.  His Word calms me and reminds me of the truths I already know and rely on.

Proverbs 3:5-6 goes through my mind continually right now.

Trust the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight.

Philippians 4:4-7 is ever present.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men.  The Lord is near. 
Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So - even in the midst of a very busy season of life, the Lord is real.

He is present.

He is walking beside me.

He is continually reminding me of His great love for me.

He is going before me to prepare the way.

I am so thankful for a personal Savior who is aware of each detail of my days.  He is completely trustworthy as I lean into Him.

My heart is at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment