Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Two Wedensdays

Konnichiwa!  Greetings from Japan.  I had a fantastic 10 days seeing a beautiful country and spending time with a precious missionary family - the Towerys.  I will be talking a lot more about this trip in the weeks to come.  Here are a few highlights.

Best of all - Yu, Luke, Logan and Michael Towery.


They are an amazing family who love Jesus in a big way.  They love and serve the people of Japan both tirelessly and selflessly.  They are a light in a country where very few have heard the gospel. 

They challenge me to be bold 
in my own part of the world 
and to love others with abandon.

I'd have to say that the children of Japan stole my heart.





Seriously - Are they not adorable?  We got to play with them, sing with them and teach them a little English.  They are precious.  They are Japan's hope for the future.

I was a bit sad about not being able to go to Colorado this fall.  
Well - the Lord had a HUGE surprise for me!

Fall in Japan





Can you even believe that?  It was hard to capture it in a picture.  It was breathtaking (and did you notice the snow :-))  It was a sweet smile from the Lord as if He was saying, "Chrisann - just take a look at my beauty.  It is all over my creation."

And then there were the three people that I traveled with, prayed with, talked with and worked with.  They are a HUGE blessing in my life.  My life is richer for sharing this experience with them.  They each bring something unique to the mix and if I say so myself, we made a good team.  Hats off to Jerimiah for leading us well.

Jerimiah, Deanne, Mary and myself
My life will be forever touched by their faith, humor, energy, passion and gifts.

Two Wednesdays? 

Yes - We left Japan on Wednesday at noon and landed in Dallas on Wednesday morning at 9:00 (hard to wrap your mind around that one!)  I then flew back to Chicago, had small group and crawled in bed around 11 (at the end of my second Wednesday!)  I was awake for about 29 hours, so I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Today - I didn't make much sense, but I enjoyed today too!

I can't wait to share more about the trip as I process all that the Lord did with that time.  I learned a great deal and shared in so many great things. 

Pondering . . .

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment