Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday - The Hughes Family

Well - it has happened again.
  
One of my neighbors moved this week.  

It is so hard to see people go - especially these neighbors that I love so dearly.  I met Ryan and Michelle a year ago November at a party I had trying to meet my neighbors. They were the only people who came from their building and I am so glad that they came.  I loved them immediately and from then on, we had dinners together and got to know one another better and better.  In February of 2011, Michelle gave birth to Hannah.  Now I love Ryan and Michelle, but I am hopelessly in love with Hannah.  I got to be her first baby sitter and be there for all her significant steps this first year.  She started standing up and taking a few steps before they left this week.  

Ryan, Michelle and Hannah

Daddy and Hannah

Sweet Hannah


I always say that when it is hard to say goodbye - you know you have been loved and loved someone well.  When you choose to invest in people, it hurts when you are separated, but isn't that what makes life rich?  


I wish I could be close to Hannah as she grows up but I will always cherish this time I got to see her grow into such a beautiful toddler.  Michelle and Ryan will forever have an imprint on my heart.  We became family and therefore, we will always be family.   

I am very hard to get rid of


So, on this thankful Thursday, I am grateful for:


*having Ryan and Michelle as my neighbors
*their willingness to let me be a part of Hannah's life
*lots of great conversations and laughter
*the privilege of investing in the lives of others
*My Heavenly Father - who is the giver of all good and perfect gifts


 

Hug a neighbor today :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Hannah - you have no idea how much you've been blessed by this sweet sweet Chrisann. And Chrisann - I can tell you from experience - there's NOTHING like having a caring neighbor to love on you and walk through early steps of mommy hood with you! You're awesome! I wish I was your neighbor! Oh how sweet it would be to do life with you!

    ReplyDelete