Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Feet

 Feet - we all need them - most people don't love them!  They start out so cute and small when we are babies and then life happens . . . and well, feet don't always stay so cute!  I am an observer of feet.  I always notice when someone has cute feet.  




I do not have cute feet.  I'm one of those people who just knows that all that chatter in the nail salon, that I can't understand, is about my ugly feet!  Okay, maybe a bit paranoid, but it is a real possibility!

I had a doctors appointment today with my foot dr. - Dr. Kaleta.  She is such a cool lady and I feel really fortunate to have her.  She was making plaster molds of my feet today for some orthotics to battle my foot problems resulting from standing on ladders for many, many hours!  She took the plaster material, got it wet and molded it onto my bare feet.  After they set, her assistant came in to take them off and clean my feet off.

I don't know about you, but there is something a little unsettling about someone having to touch your feet.  Some people are very ticklish and others just can't handle the idea.  Others love pedicures and foot massages.   Because of the bone fracture in my left foot, I was a little tense about this whole process.  Dr. Karleta's assistant was very careful as she gently cleaned off the plaster.  I didn't think a lot of it at the time, but later, it struck me how like Jesus she was as she knelt down and washed my feet.  I was very humbled by that.  Let's face it, cleaning off someones ugly feet can not be fun and yet she took great care in that job.  

So, today I am thankful for plaster molds that promise pain relief in the future - for Dr. Kaleta and her assistant, who took the time to wash my feet.  

I am most thankful for a man named, Jesus, who washed His disciples feet with love and care.  Jesus, who modeled what it means to serve others. Jesus, who calls me to walk in a manner worthy of my calling.  

There are two young women in whom my heart is ever intertwined who have a tattoo on their left foot that references the verse that follows: 





How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation and says to Zion, "Your God Reigns!"  
Isaiah 52:7  

I am thankful to my Savior who sees my 
feet as beautiful.

 

2 comments: