Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tueday's Thoughts ~ Fitting In

I'm pondering on Tuesday this week since I had jury duty on Monday.  What an interesting experience!  I was picked for a jury first thing in the morning and the trial was over by the end of the day.  It was a good experience to be involved in that process but I was thankful it was only a day.  The justice system is amazing but it is tedious! 

I've been thinking about this post since I flew back from Texas to Chicago on Sunday.  When I boarded the plane from DFW to O'hare, I was seated by a very large man.  I felt for him as I got over to my seat.  He didn't fit in the seat very well.  He was pressing against me and had to ask for the seat belt extender.  I know that must be a difficult situation to find yourself in as our seats in airplanes, movie theaters and waiting areas are only comfortable for some.  I could tell that he felt awkward.  I felt a bit awkward too - for both he and I. 




It made me think about all the ways that we don't fit.

Maybe you don't fit in at a family gathering.

Maybe you don't fit in with your co-workers.

Maybe you don't fit in with your neighbors.

Maybe you don't fit in anywhere.

Maybe you just don't fit.

It is as if you are a square peg in that proverbial round hole.



There is good news.

You were created for God's good purposes.

You were created as a unique child of the King.

You were created to be part of a bigger story that is continually unfolding.

You fit perfectly in the Father's plan.

You fit beautifully into the body of Christ.

You fit securely into the righteousness of Christ.

You fit safely in the Father's hand.

In Jesus, you are just the right fit.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, 
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10




No comments:

Post a Comment