Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Musings ~ One Day

Happy Monday!  Fall is on its way out and winter is on its way in.  Changing seasons are my favorite.  Fall leaves will soon give way to snow flakes.  Embrace it!



(Insert Smooth Transition)

Oh well, I'll just get to it.

 I was reading Psalm 84 today.  Verses 10-12 are some of my favorite.

For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.
I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
How blessed is the man who trusts in You!


 But, I have to admit . . .

Sometimes the things of this world look pretty good.

Sometimes it seems easier to stand outside the courts of God

   where anything goes,

         where self is god,

                 where morality is relative,

                           where sin is celebrated and even sought after.

Sometimes, it is tempting to just go on over to the tents 
of the wicked and relax for awhile.

But those moments fly by quickly.

God is my sun and my shield.

He is my light and my protection.

He gives me His grace and His glory.

He does not withhold any good things from me as I live for Him.

What are those good things?

health?

wealth?

possessions?

problem free relationships?

Well, no.

But they are better.

What are those good things?

His grace

His mercy

His love

His salvation

His provision

His guidance

His presence

His forgiveness

Himself

These are good things and they are mine -- no matter what -- forever.

I would rather experience and know God Himself 
than have anything else out there.

One day in His courts > than 1,000 elsewhere





No comments:

Post a Comment