Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Resurrection Life

Wow - life has been so full and so good.  My days have been full caring for sweet baby Ezra.  He brings me such great joy - just like his Mom and Dad!


Chicago Public Schools had their spring break this past week, so Ezra got to spend the week with his Mom - 24/7.  Since they were having such a fantastic time, I took last week to begin work on a mural at Hamilton Elementary.  I thought I could complete it in four days, but it was a bigger project that I thought!  I had a blast, though, and I'll work to finish it up in the next few weeks.  It was nice to have all day to work.



I still have quite a ways to go - but it is getting there!  It was so much fun to paint.  Hamilton students vote for two 8th graders each year to receive the Patriot Award.  It is about character, service and leadership.  Their names will be on this mural. 

That leads me to Easter Weekend.  Our church put on an Easter egg hunt Saturday morning.  We had around 100 families participate - most of them from the community.  It went so well and was a lot of fun.  Friends of ours, Stacy and Cameron Hurd, along with their 10 month old daughter, Joanna, stayed the weekend with us.  It was fun to have a baby around!  We enjoyed catching up with them.  My neighbor, Courtney, went to Easter service with me and then she and her husband came along with Alan and I to our friend, Ray's, house for a get together.  It was great fun.  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful church family here.

The scripture for today was out of Hebrews 1.

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

I love that passage. 

Jesus.  

He is the radiance of God's glory.  

He is the exact representation of 
God's nature.  

He upholds all things by the 
word of His power.

I am grateful for this every day, but Easter calls our attention to our Overcoming Savior.  He beat death.  He took on all our sin and rose victorious. 

That same resurrection power is available to each one of us!  We do not have to live a defeated life.  We can tap into the power of the resurrection and live our days with purpose and direction.  Oh, friends, if you do not know Jesus - please check Him out!  It is the best decision I have ever made and it has dramatically changed my life.

He has risen.

He has risen, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment