Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wonderous Wednesday ~ All things wonderful

I have fallen off the blog wagon.  My life has been so out of sync that I don't seem to be able to get back in the groove of Monday and Thursday.  Alas, it doesn't really matter!  So - here is a little catch up on all the fun I have been having and all the sweet blessings along the way.

I spent the last 5 days in Columbus, OH seeing dear friends!  We lived in Columbus from 1993 to 1999.  It was a truly important 6 years in our lives in so many ways.  I love when I get to go back and reconnect with such significant and influential people in my life.  I spent time with my two closest friends - Aimee and Ann.  I got to see a lot of other wonderful people from my time there.  I got to laugh a lot, share what God is doing in my life and hear what He is doing in the lives of others.  What a treasured time!

I've also been busy painting up at Hamilton Elementary.  Here are three projects that I have been working on.



I was asked to paint this picture of Carl Sagan in the Science Lab.  Not really one of my favorite quotes . . . but I will say that if we are made of starstuff -- God still made the starstuff :-)

This is going to be an honor tree that will have the names of the Peebles Award winners for each year.  The Peebles Award is given to 4 adult volunteers each year.  I still have some work to do on this one - but it is almost finished!  Here are some details of the flowers.  The entire painting is about 9 feet by 6 feet.







My favorite comments by students are:

You are doing such a good job!

and

Wow - you are really good at staying in the lines!

Finally, one of the truly fun projects -- Just follow the elephant out the exit door in case of fire!


Mr. Gray, the principal at Hamilton, loves this quote.  He has literally turned this school around in the last 5 years - so I can see why he likes it!  It describes his approach to transforming this school!

Between spending time with lots of wonderful women, traveling, painting and holding babies - the writing seems to have dropped down in priority, but I'm pretty sure that is exactly how it has needed to be.

Have a wonderful week and bloom where you are planted!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had some Sam snuggle time (gma practice)while you were here...also so thankful for the wonderful time of catching up on all things Chrisann and filling you in on all things Jenny<3 I love you to pieces and am so greatful that you are my youth leader for life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! It is always so fun and refreshing to visit with you! HUGS

      Delete
  2. Good stuff, Chrisann. I'm so glad you are in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative talent oozes from you! :) My excuse for not blogging…i feel like I live in a metal tube 35k ft in the air. #needtowritebadly!!!
    Keep writing Chrisann…we all love the words you share. (But painting is a great diversion so thanks for sharing. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete